Splitting Audio Made Easy by an App Called Audacity
Audacity is one of the most renowned audio editors in todays time. Well, it has everything you could ever wish for. It has various tools that are very useful on the course of audio editing. Aside from its editor, you can also record directly from the program and import or export different audio formats. This is a free and open source software which you can install on any computer. However, since it is an open source, this is somehow complicated to manage and use. So, we prepared this guide to help you out especially when you want to split audio in Audacity.
Quick Guide to Split Audio in Audacity
If you have used similar software, then utilizing Audacity would be nothing new. You only need to familiarize yourself with the basic command and you’re good to go. But for the sake of those who struggle to split audios using Audacity, follow the step by step process below.
- The first thing you need to do is to launch Audacity on your computer. If you haven’t installed the application, you have to download Audacity from the web.
- Once it has been launched, upload the file that you want to edit.
- Upon loading the file, click on the selection tool from the top icon bar. This looks like a capital I.
- Now, select the part that you want to split. You may do this for multiple times, no matter how much you want your audio to be divided.
- Finally, go to Edit and choose Clip Boundaries > Split. Likewise, you may use the shortcut Ctrl + I to split your audio.
After doing these steps, you may already edit your audios accordingly. In case you want to delete some portion, simply select the area and go to Edit > Delete.
For long it was very difficult to do what we had illustrated above, that is, to split an audio file. Thanks Audacity for making this very simple for us ordinary users.
If you find this article interesting and want to request any related topic, you may get in touch with us by sending an email.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our site. – Feel the Warmth Team.